Thursday, November 29, 2007

Games People (Hate To) Play....

Because I hate rules....and most games....I haven't posted this one yet but I'll stop dragging my feet and just do it dammit...

So, I’ve been tagged. And as much as I hate games of most types (excepting baseball, of course) I decided to play because:

a.) I’m new to the blogging game so it is something to get me started, though I find I have no
shortage of things to talk about – even if I exclude myself – just a shortage of listeners.

b.) I was tagged by the lovely, talented and creative dogfaceboy, and I wouldn’t dare dis her.

So here they are, the rules, so to speak. And if you know me, you know I pretty much believe that rules were made to be broken, so do as you like and feel free to break or make them however it suits you.

1. Write your meme (described below).
2. Include your rules or lack thereof.
3. Link to the person who tagged you, then link to the seven (7) random people you have tagged.
4. Let those seven (7) random people know they've been tagged by commenting in their blog. Also say something nice about their post, unless of course, you can’t think of anything nice to say to about them or their post. In that case, tag someone else.

And now the meme:
Share seven (7) random and/or weird things about yourself.

* * * * * * *

Seven (7) Random and/or Weird Things About Moi...

1. I have lived in five different states, in two different time zones, over the past ten years.

2. I have written for five different newspapers in three of those states in those two different
time zones in the past five years.

(Still with me? Good. Numerologists, is there some sequence of lottery numbers I should be playing here?)

3. I am naturally shy, but curious. Journalism has given me a good excuse to pick up the phone and call strangers to satisfy that curiosity.

4. It is unlikely that anyone who has ever met me would use the word “shy” to describe me.
I guess you could say I’ve done a good job of overcoming that. Or something like that.

5. I can not imagine a scenario that would ever cause me to develop either the interest or desire to watch football. No matter what he looks like.

6. I have actually received hate (e)mail in response to a personal ad I posted on Craigslist.

And lastly,

7. I swear I saw Philly Leotardo (of Sopranos fame) getting coffee in the bagel shop this morning. (oh, hell it was the other day okay? Can you tell I’m a procrastinator?)

Last month it was Junior Soprano I swear I thought I saw. He was crossing Colfax Ave. near the Ogden Theater wearing a Rockies hat and carrying a cane.

You're it. Now you play too, dammit.

Here are the folks I’ve tagged:

http://elsewhere.typepad.com

http://www.memrymotel.blogspot.com

http://arizonawriter.blogspot.com

http://downandout.wordpress.com

http://www.notitles.com

http://www.adoggyslife.blogspot.com

Yes, I know there are only five (six if I include the person who tagged me). It’s a sad state of affairs that I don’t have seven friends to play tag with in the blogging world.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you posted. I usually hate these things too, but if Leslie and Mary are doin' it...

Yay baseball. Boo football. I was subjected to football last night, and took the opportunity to nap for a while.

You are correct; I would never describe you as shy. You do a very good job hiding/overcoming it. At least we've both got going for us the fact that an overwhelming need to voice opinions overpowers shyness (though I may show it much less often).