Saturday, December 8, 2007

Harlan County......

It's a lovely snowy Saturday afternoon in Denver and last night I watched the documentary "Harlan County, U.S.A.," about the 1973 coal miners strike in Kentucky. Today as I'm lazing around my cozy apartment watching the snow fall outside my window I decide to search youtube for more on the strike...and it's like the reverse of "Six Degrees of Separation." I find this video below, which I thought was kind of cool, which led me to the video below it. On the video below, the guy wrote that he wrote the song about his ex-wife. I found it to be unexpectedly beautiful and it made me cry on this snowy day.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool. I love the connections we find. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your snow (we'll have a Brown Christmas, but probably a killer sunset), take care and have a great holiday season.

Yeah, I'm mushy around this time of the year. But on the plus side, it's tempered by my inability to get Christmas cards out on time.